Pages

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Mini frame.

Here is a mini frame that I recently stitched an embroidery for. I did change my mind about the embroidery half way through which is normal and there was quite a lot of pulling out. Which is also normal.
    I decided I wanted to do an art deco style piece so I used a colour palette from a Clarice Cliff ceramic to inspire me. The grass had two versions as you can see, hence the pulling out. I am happy with the final version though.
       These frames are from the talented E.Wood Story. They sell a variety of mini frames for embroidery in various woods for you to use as necklaces and some fantastic crochet kits if that is your thing. I have another frame left to stitch , which will have to be a silk shading piece. Possibly as landscape. Watch this space!

     Link to shop for frames
   https://www.etsy.com/shop/eWoodStory



The finished embroidery, I just love these 1930's colours. satin stitch, stem stitch and couching. All in one strand of stranded cotton. Finished size 4cms x 2cms .














The original embroidery with the long and short grass foreground. I felt that this didn't fit in with the style of the rest of the piece. It all came out !!!

My next mini frame.






10 comments:

  1. Clever! Good call on colour change. I need to learn to embroider in miniature ha some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, really enjoyed doing a picture in miniature.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, really enjoyed doing a picture in miniature.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love your embroidery work. It’s really amazing. The choice of the colours are nice and the threading works is incredible. All the designs are so simple and depict the beauty of the embroidery work.

    Get More Info Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am glad you are enjoying my blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am glad you are enjoying my blog.

      Delete
  3. Margaret, your work is immaculate. I love seeing what you are creating...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jocelyn. I am glad you are enjoying my embroidery creations.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Jocelyn. I am glad you are enjoying my embroidery creations.

      Delete